Kona Boys Beach Rentals at Kamakahonu Bay, in Front of King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel
It is an honor to be in this location as it sits adjacent to one of the most significant historical and cultural spots on the island, where King Kamehameha the Great lived and conducted matters of government until his passing on May 8, 1819.
Addtionally, King Kamehameha rebuilt the Ahu’ena Heiau at this location, a temple dedicated to Lono who was the Hawaiian God of peace, agriculture and prosperity. We hope that you’ll drop in and check us out, rent a paddle board and explore the coast like the Hawaiians of years past. Or just rent a beach chair and umbrella and spend a day soaking up the sun and history at the magical Kamakahonu Bay.
One Hour Free!
Pay for one hourly kayak or stand up paddle board rental and get a second hour free. Print this coupon and present it at the beach shack to redeem. *limit one per group per week
Hourly, Daily, or Weekly Rentals
- stand up paddle boards
- snorkel gear
- boogie board/view board: $9 day / $29 week
- paddle: $9 day / $29 week
- bikes: $19 two hours / $29 day
- dry bag: $6 day / $19 week
- beach chairs and umbrellas (single piece): $9 day / $39 week
- beach chairs and umbrellas (combo set): $29 day / $49 week
Tours and Lessons
Kona Boys is stoked to offer tours and lessons from the Kona Boys beach shack at Kamakahonu.
- Kayak Tours of the Kailua-Kona coast, with or without snorkeling
- Stand Up Paddle Board Lessons
- Surfing lessons for all levels
To book your tour or lesson, call us at 808.329.2345.
Of course we have plenty of our private label gear available as well, rash guards, t-shirts, boardshorts, hats, stickers…etc.
Free Umbrella Rental!
Print this coupon, bring it to the Kona Boys beach shop, and get a free daily umbrella rental. *limit one per group per week